Join us for LearningLAB 2013, our third multimedia journalism training conference for the ethnic media, community media and nonprofit organizations interested in producing media.
January 11, 2013
San Francisco State University
Humanities Building, Third Floor
Room 303 for check-in
This one-day event features a wide selection of workshops designed to help you:
- Fine-tune your multimedia storytelling skills.
- Learn about best practices and free-to-inexpensive tools to improve your reporting and social media strategies.
- Delve into important national issues that have a profound impact on your local communities.
- Meet and network with new and old colleagues.
In addition to workshops taught by leading experts in multiplatform journalism, we’re offering a series of panel discussions on “Hot Topics,” those important national issues, such as immigration and health reform, that will have a significant impact on all Bay Area communities in 2013 and beyond. Experts and journalists who cover these issues will share information, insights, story ideas and predictions about what lies ahead.
Workshop topics include:
- Audio Storytelling 101
- Show Me the Numbers: Making Sense of Metrics
- Livestreaming News with a Mobile Phone
- In Our Own Backyard: Poverty in the Bay Area
- Social, Mobile & Beyond: A Journalist’s Digital Toolbox
- Building a Powerful Personal Brand
- Photography Goes Mobile
- Promises To Keep: What Now for Immigration Reform?
- And much, much more!
Please check back to this page in the weeks ahead for more details, including a complete schedule, workshop descriptions and trainer/presenter bios.
We look forward to seeing you on January 11!